Sometimes, I like to have spicy chicken. This is one of my recipe for such craving.
Simple dinner with not much work to be done. Just mix the masala ingredients, stuff
it underneath the chicken drumstick skin and bake it oven along with some potatoes.
Chicken drumstick – 4
new potato – 15 to 20 based on the size of your baking dish (half the large ones)
Masala for stuffing:
white onion – 1/2 of a small size onion (chopped fine)
garlic – 1 clove (minced)
coriander powder – 2 tsp
cumin powder – 1 tsp
cayenne pepper powder – 1/4tsp (for medium hot) or 1/2 tsp(for really hot)
lemon juice – 1 tbsp
olive oil – 1 tbs
salt for seasoning
– Preheat the oven to 180C (fan)
– Add all the masala for stuffing in a small bowl, give it a good mix.
– Insert the back of the spoon beneath the chicken drumstick skin and rotate it around the drumstick, it creates a pocket.
– Stuff the masala mix inside the pocket. Try to evenly spread the masala mix around the drumstick. Finish off by sealing the skin at the edge. Do not overfill the masala mix.
– Drizzle the baking dish with oil. Place the chicken inside dish with even space between each. Roughly throw in the new potatoes inside the dish. Cover the dish with aluminium foil, this helps to trap the moisture and keeps the chicken from drying.
– Baked at 180C (fan) for 40 minutes. After 20 minutes, remove the aluminium foil, then turn the chicken and potato. Place the dish inside the oven uncovered for the remaining of the time.
Its so tasty and delicious with spicy chicken and creamy roasted new potato to go with it.