Sea Bream fillet with tomato pepper sauce
I always talk about simplicity, in most of my dish. Thats me, I really apprepricate a quick home cooked meal, with few ingredients. This is also one of the kind.
Simple oven baked fish with a tomato pepper sauce which compliments the fish. The sauce gives a bit of a moisture to the baked fish and adds an extra texture too.
Yield: 2 portions
Sea Bream fillet – 2
aluminium foil – to wrap the fish for cooking
Tomato – 2 medium size (chopped)
Red onion – 1/4 (chopped)
Pepper orange/yellow – 1/2 (chopped in 1cm x 5cm)
garlic – 1 clove minced
olive oil – 1 tbsp plus extra for drizzling on the fish
black olives – 6 deseeded and chopped
dried oregano – 1/2 tsp
capers – 6 drained and chopped
salt & pepper for seasoning
For the Fish:
– Preheated oven to 180C (fan)
– Tapped the salt and pepper on each side of the fillet.
– Place the fillets in aluminium foil.
– Drizzle with olive oil, then wrap the foil like a parcel.
– Place the parcel in the oven and let it cook for 12 mins.
For the sauce:
– Add 1 tbsp olive oil to the frying pan and heat it to medium hot.
– Add the onions, garlic and peppers to the pan. Let it sweat for few minutes.
– Add the tomatoes, olives, cappers and oregano to the pan.
– Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
To serve plate the fish with sauce on the side. Its deliciously, with the note of
mediterranean flavour from oregano.