Pear Crumble, one of the traditional english dessert. So yummy with soft fruit filling and crumbly topping, served with custard.
Prep time :10 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 40 mins
Yield: 4 portions
Ripened Pears – 450 g
Billington’s Demerara unrefined sugar – 1 tbsp
Allison plain flour – 110 g
Butter – 35 g
Billington’s Golden Granulated Sugar – 40 g ~ 45 g
– Preheat the oven to 180°C (fan).
– Peel and quarter the pears. Remove the core and pips and cut each quarter into 2 or 3 pieces and arrange them in a pie dish.
– Sprinkle the demerara sugar on top of the fruit.
– In a mixing bowl, add the flour, butter and rub them together until it looks crumbly. Make sure the butter is spread evenly. Add the granulated sugar and mix well until everything is combined.
– Sprinkle crumble topping evenly over the fruit filling. Use a palette knife to even out the toppings.
– Bake for 30 ~ 35 minutes until the topping is golden brown.
Enjoy the crumble either warm or cold with your favourite custard. Golden crumble topping is the one which makes this dish so yummy.
Note: You can replace the pear filling with any fruit to your liking.