I was looking for a method to make pork meat succulent. Well I ended up with making pork hotpot. The result was juicy meat with browned potatoes delicious.
Prep time :15 mins
Cook time: 90 mins
Total time: 105 mins
Yield: 4 portions
Pork shoulder steak – 250 g or (2 steaks)
Pork sausage – 1 (optional)
Pork stock – 300 ml to 350 ml
Carrot – 1 large size
Parsnip – 1 large size
Potato – 400 g
Dried parsley – 1 tsp
Aniseed – 2
Plain flour – 4 tsp
Salt & pepper for seasoning
– Preheat the oven to 180°C (fan).
– Wash and peel the vegetables.
– Cut the carrot and parsnip into big chunks.
– Slice the potatoes thinly.
– Mix the flour with a pinch salt & pepper.
– Cut the meat into small pieces and rub them with the flour mixture.
– In an oven proof casserole line the vegetables, meat pieces, parsley and aniseed, followed by an another layer of vegetables, meat pieces and parsley.
– Pour the stock into the casserole. Make sure to fill the casserole upto the second layer of vegetables, adjust the stock quantity accordingly.
– Arrange the sliced potatoes on the top layer.
– Cover the casserole with lid and cook for 1 hour. Remove the lid and cook for another 30 minutes to brown off the potatoes.
Enjoy the warm hotpot with browned potatoes and succulent meat. It is delicious.