Chickpea couscous salad
This is incredibly simple delicious salad and can be prepared in no time.
Prep time: 5~10 mins
Cook time: 5 mins
Total time: 10~15 mins
Yield: 2 portions
Couscous – 90 g
Vegetable stock – 120 ml
Extra virgin olive oil – 1 tbsp
Lemon juice – 1/2 tbsp
Ground Coriander – 1/2 tsp
Ground Cumin – 1/2 tsp
Garlic – minced – 1 clove
Mint leaves or flat-leaf parsley – finely chopped – 1 tbsp
Cooked Chickpeas – 100 g
Red pepper – diced – 1/2
Salad plum tomatoes – 8~10
Roasted almond nuts – 8~10
Salt – 1/4 tsp
– Place the couscous in a saucepan.
– Pour the boiling stock over couscous.
– Cover the saucepan to seal in the steam and leave it for about 5 minutes.
– Take a jar with lid. Place the oil, lemon juice, ground coriander, ground cumin, garlic, salt in the jar, put the lid on and give it a good shake.
– Use a fork to fluff up the couscous.
– Add the chickpeas, red pepper, salad plum tomatoes, almonds, mint/parsley leaves to the couscous.
– Add the dressing to the couscous and give everything a good mix.
Enjoy the salad warm or cold.