Meringue with roasted Cashew nuts
Meringues are my childhood favourite, especially the ones with roasted cashew nuts. These were introduced to me by my mom as cashew nut biscuits. In those days, they were a real treat to me. I didn’t know they have a beautiful name too “Meringue” until I came across them in Australia, after so many years 🙂
Meringue are generally made up of whipped egg whites and sugar and optionally vanilla essence. But, I have taken a step further to recreate it from my childhood memory. Here is the picture of my meringue with roasted cashew nuts. It was so deliciously, I couldn’t stop eating 🙂
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 30 ~ 35 mins
Total time: 45 mins
Eggs – medium size – 3
Golden caster Sugar – 120 g
Roasted cashew nuts – chopped – 50 g
– The creation itself is such a fun. The process starts with separating the egg whites.
– Whip the egg whites on low speed until the mixture looks fluffy.
– Start adding the sugar gradually and whisk at medium speed until it forms stiff peaks.
– Its done, when you tip the bowl upside down, the mixture should stay stationary.
– Optionally, add the vanilla essence and roasted cashew nuts and fold it very gently.
– To bake preheat the oven at 150C Fan. The egg whites will be very sticky, so line your baking tray with parchment paper. Place a dessert spoon of mixture on the tray and form a shape.
– Bake for 30~35 min. Turn off the oven and leave the meringue undisturbed for 2~3 hours. Do not open the oven door when its baking, this will crack your meringues.
The meringues were so delicious with roasted cashew nuts. They had crispy outside and soft gooey centre. I couldn’t stop eating 🙂