Diablo Chocolate Cake
Have you ever wondered why the rich chocolate cake is coined with Devil? I think its because it is simply irresistible and even the devil can’t help it.
Here is the picture of my devil’s chocolate cake. It tasted so rich chocolatey and texture was so spongey. Wow, it was delicious and I ended up eating like a devil, proving the name “Devil’s Chocolate Cake”. After we enjoyed the wonderful cake, me and my exact equal named my Devil’s Chocolate cake after the devil Diablo.
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 35 mins
Total time: 55 mins
Yield: 8 servings
Plain flour – 200 g
Green & Black Cocoa powder – 40 g
Baking powder – 3 tsp
a pinch of salt
Sugar – 280 g
Unsalted Butter – at room temperature – 80 g
Milk – 240 ml
Egg – 2
Vanilla extract – 1/2 tsp
Cocoa buttercream frosting – enough to sandwich 3 layers and top of the cake.
– Cream together butter and sugar, using an electric hand blender.
– Add the flour, baking powder, cocoa powder and salt to the creamed butter. Mix on low speed until a coarse grainy consistency is achieved.
– Beat the eggs, in a separated bowl. Add the milk and vanilla extract to the egg mixture and give it a good whisk.
– Add half the milk mixture to the flour mixture. Start to mix on low speed and then on medium speed until there are no lumps.
– Gradually add the remaining milk mixture. Mix on low speed until the mixture looks smooth.
– Grease and line the cake tin. Fill the tin with cake mixture and level it.
– Bake at preheat oven 170C fan for 35 minutes. Remove the cake from oven and let it cool on wire rack.
– Cut the cake into 3 layers after it is completely cool down. Spread the cocoa buttercream frosting between the layers and on the top.
Enjoy the rich chocolatey spongey devil’s chocolate cake.