Pineapple upside-down Cake
I was wondering what to do with fresh pineapple. I came across this recipe from the slow cooker book. I modified the recipe according to my liking and to suit the oven cooking.
Here is the picture of my pineapple upside-down cake. The texture of coconut spongy was light and when had with pineapple it tasted perfect for a treat.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 18 mins
Total time: 28 mins
Yield: 2 servings
Baking Utensil: 2 ramekins
Plain flour – 50 g
Baking powder – 1/2 tsp
Sugar – 2 tbsp plus extra to sprinkle the ramekins base
Unsalted Butter – at room temperature – 25 g plus extra for coating the ramekins
Desiccated coconut – 1 tbsp
Egg – 1/2 large
Honey – 1 tbsp
Pineapple chunks – 50 g
– Cream together butter and sugar, using an electric hand blender.
– Add the egg to the creamed butter and a tbsp of flour to stop the mixture from curdling. Mix until the egg is well incorporated.
– Add the remaining flour, baking powder, desiccated coconut to the mixture. Mix on low speed until everything is mixed well.
– Grease 2 ramekins. Fill each ramekins with 1/2 tbsp of honey, sprinkle a thin layer of sugar and then spread half the pineapple chunks and half of cake mixture. Level the surface with back of wet spoon.
– Bake at preheat oven 170C fan for 18 minutes. Remove the ramekins from oven and let it cool on wire rack.
– Loosen the edge of the ramekins and turn the cake into the serving plate.
Enjoy the soft coconut sponge with sweet chunky pineapples.