Mushroom Fried Rice
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 15~20 mins
Total time: 20~25 mins
Yield: 2 portions
Uncooked rice – 120 g
Frozen peas – 50 g
Cooking oil – 2 tbsp
Sesame oil – 1 tsp
Chestnut mushroom – diced – 200 g
Salad onion – sliced – 2 stalks
Red chilli flakes – 1/4 tsp
Ginger – grated – 1 tsp
Light soy sauce – 1 tbsp
Salt for seasoning
– Cook the rice according to packet instructions.
– Heat 1 tbsp of cooking oil in a fry pan over moderate heat.
– Add the mushroom to the pan and cook for 5 mins or until tender. Remove the pan from heat. Transfer the mushrooms to a plate.
– Heat the remaining cooking oil in the fry pan.
– Add the salad onion (only the white part), red chilli flakes, ginger to the pan. Cook for a minute.
– Add the peas to the pan, cook for 4 mins.
– Add the mushroom, soy sauce, rice and salt to the pan. Stir well until everything is combined. Cook for 2~3 minutes.
– Remove the pan from heat. Stir in the sesame oil. Garnish with the salad onion (green parts alone).
Enjoy the delicious mushroom fried when its still warm.