Thai Pineapple Rice
Pineapple rice is one of the classic thai food. It is a delicious curry flavoured fried rice with pineapple chunks, peas, nuts and raisins.
Prep time :5 mins
Cook time: 15~20 mins
Total time: 20~25 mins
Yield: 3 portions
Cooking oil – 1 tbsp
Salad onions – finely sliced – 2
Garlic – finely chopped – 2 cloves
Egg – 1
Frozen Peas – 60g
Roasted whole almond/cashewnuts – 12
Raisins – 1 tbsp
Plum sauce – 1 tsp (optional)
Cooked rice – 2 cups
Pineapple rings – cut into chunks – 75 g
Fish sauce – 1 tbsp
Curry powder – 1 tsp
– Heat 1 tbsp oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add the salad onions(only the stalks), garlic and fry for a minute.
– Add the egg into the pan and stir quickly until it resembles scrambled egg.
– Add the peas and let it cook for 2~3 minutes.
– Add the plum sauce and stir well.
– Add the rice, pineapple chunks, nuts and raisins to the pan.
– Mix the curry powder with fish sauce. Pour the sauce over the rice and mix everything until they are well combined. Cook for 6 minutes over medium heat.
– Remove from heat. Check for saltiness and adjust the seasoning accordingly.
– Sprinkle the salad onions(the green portions only)
Enjoy the deliciously flavoured sweet & sour thai pineapple rice with crunchy nuts.